Get ready as the chef exposes restaurant’s seven steps to creating their bestselling Boneless Crispy Pata.
It’s crispy. With every bite of that pork skin, the crunch echoes. The meat remains tender and well-seasoned. The Boneless Crispy Pata of Bayler View Restaurant in Baler Town is my top pick in their menu. This dish earned my respect, especially after discovering that it takes two whole days to prepare it.
Crispy Pata, is crispy pork leg including the pork knuckles. It’s one of my all-time favorites. Bayler View’s version of this is superb, but Baler is six hours away from my house. I had to find a way to learn how to prepare this without having to travel way up north just to get my carnivore fix.
I consulted with Chef AC Agra, the creator of the restaurant’s bestseller. The chef exposed how they cook their popular dish. With his generosity to celebrate and share this culinary masterpiece, the secret is not-so-secret anymore.
Here are seven steps to cook your very own Bayler View’s Boneless Crispy Pata.
- Buy boneless pork leg in the meat store. Usually, boneless pata cuts are available at Monterey Meatshop. Another alternative is to buy the pork leg in the market and debone it yourself – that’s cheaper but requires extra effort.
- Season the meat with laurel leaves, patis (fish sauce), salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Wrap it in cheesecloth to retain its shape and boil in water for two and a half hours.
- Rest the meat for two days in the chiller for it to dry. You can also try to dry it under the sun, but make sure insects don’t contaminate the meat.
- Prick the pork skin using a regular fork. This will help it become crispier.
- Season it with rock salt.
- Deep-fry the meat in high heat.
And there you have it! Prepare this amazing dish and serve it to your family and friends, especially during special occasions.
*Rates may change without prior notice
BAY-LER VIEW HOTEL
Address: Buton St. Brgy. Sabang, Baler, Aurora
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/baylerviewhotels/
Tel. Nos.: 0919-2863105 / 0927-3638735
Email: [email protected]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/baylerview @baylerview
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/baylerviewhotel/ @baylerviewhotel
Trip Advisor: https://www.tripadvisor.com.ph/Hotel_Review-g2036998-d2482433-Reviews-Bayler_View_Hotel-Baler_Aurora_Province_Central_Luzon_Region_Luzon.html
Help keep this website free. Please share the article, like my Appetizing Adventure Facebook Page, and follow me @carloflorenzo on Instagram and Twitter. Read my online profile: www.CarloLorenzo.com. Thank you.